Among the services we each offer are birth and postpartum doula care, breastfeeding classes, and additional services listed below.
Birth Doula Services
We firmly believe in the value of self-care during pregnancy and beyond! Pregnancy is a time to prepare your mind, body, and soul for the experience of birth and early parenting. With this in mind, we have designed birth packages meant to nurture you in whichever ways you need.
Core Birth Package includes:
Enhanced Birth Package includes:
- Two prenatal visits, in addition to a visit with your care provider
- Information on childbirth education classes and other resources
- Early labor support as needed in home or hospital
- Constant care, attention, and support once active labor has begun
- Every effort and attention in maintaining a calm birth experience
- Assistance in gathering information needed to make informed decisions
- Back-up arrangements in case of illness or emergency
- One postpartum visit at your home
- Unlimited breastfeeding support and newborn information
- A written timeline of your labor
All items in the Core Birth Doula Package plus one or more of the following:
- Discounted prenatal massage with Marcela Billig, RMT* (+$55)
- Discounted session with perinatal psychologist Carrie Contey, Ph.D.** (+$100)
- Discounted Mothers Unfolding class with Lanell Coultas, CD(DONA)*** (+$125)
*Marcela Billig is a Registered Massage Therapist with additional training and certification in massage for women in the childbearing year. She has magical hands! A session with Marcela will bring you deep joy and relaxation.
See marcelabillig.com for more information.
**Carrie Contey, Ph.D. is a prenatal and perinatal psychologist offering private consultations, parenting classes, and workshops. She is a gift to the Austin parenting community!
See earlyparenting.com for more information on Carrie and her work.
***Lanell Coultas is a childbirth instructor, birth doula, and postpartum group facilitator offering five-week circles designed to nourish the new mother. Expect to feel invigorated, inspired, relieved, and possibly even overflowing with love for yourself and your baby after each meeting!
See consciousbirthingaustin.com/classes/mothers-unfolding for more information.
Postpartum Doula Services
Daytime postpartum doula care is available at an hourly rate. Shifts have a three-hour minimum. With 12 hours or more of postpartum care purchased, you are eligible to receive a discounted prenatal or postpartum massage with Marcela Billig, RMT, or a discounted consultation with Carrie Contey, Ph.D. (See details above in Birth Doula Services section.)
Postpartum care is customized to fit your specific needs. Postpartum services offered include:
- Breastfeeding support
- Newborn care
- Healthy meal preparation
- Light household chores
- Other services as needed
Breastfeeding classes are coming to South Austin in Spring 2010—stay tuned!
Please ask us about other services we provide to clients, including the coordination of Blessingways, postpartum food trees, and nourishing postpartum meal plans.